1. Hunny avatar

On Apr 26 2016, Hunny said:

Death is sad...for those left behind . For those winging it on to a new world have their life all over again ...

2. Omaha59 avatar

On Mar 22 2016, Omaha59 said:

One of my fondest moments was talking to Glenn in the lobby of the Omaha Hilton after the concert in 1975. I was 16. I told him they put on a hell of a show, and he thanked me. I asked him if they would be back anytime soon and he said "Any time you pack over 12000 people into an arena that;s designed to hold 9500, I think we'll be back in 6 months." In 1976, The Eagles came back with new band member Joe Walsh, and the Hotel California tour. I was there for that one too.

3. Omaha59 avatar

On Mar 22 2016, Omaha59 said:

4. Omaha59 avatar

On Mar 22 2016, Omaha59 said:

I am very saddened by the passing of Glenn Frey. I will always appreciate the contributions he made to such a wonderful group,and to all the people who were and still are touched by his music. God Bless you Glenn,The Eagles, Joe Walsh, Jackson Browne, JD Souther, all of you who were such great friends and gave us so much joy and music and something that touched our souls.

5. chrissy avatar

On Mar 3 2016, chrissy said:

thank you for all those beautiful songs god bless you all!!!

6. GratitudeWithGrace avatar

On Mar 3 2016, GratitudeWithGrace said:

It'll be a while when I hear an Eagles song without tears welling up in my eyes. Heartfelt sorrow to all his friends and family. I feel so lucky to have experienced an Eagles concert at the Forum in Jan 2014. Epic.

7. greg whitley avatar

On Mar 3 2016, greg whitley said:

I will always remember the Tour "When Hell Freezes Over". first and only time I got to see the Eagles live in San Diego, CA... what a great show.

8. Mikelle avatar

On Feb 12 2016, Mikelle said:

Hi Joe, I can't begin to imagine the sorrow that you've all felt from the loss of this amazing talented friend. I hope that just knowing the world is crying with you helps. You guys have been such a huge influence to my life and musical inspiration- I just can't bring myself to watch your DVD's ATM :(

9. reclaimradio avatar

On Feb 8 2016, reclaimradio said:

I shed a tear when I read thru the lyrics: "it's your world now .. use well your time .. be part of something good .. leave something good behind". & Altho i'd never heard tell of this song before, this sentiment strikes a chord with me in the sense that i've oft times pondered how nowadays its seems like everyone lives in their own little bubble. Case in pt.: I was not aware that the Eagles had a new LP, nor had I heard about the film 'History of the Eagles' >> so despite all the new technology, when it comes to the USE of the media >> I never got the message.

Go figure .. what with the multitude of platforms & diversity of formats c/o recent innovations in technology, one would think the news would find its way >> to its audience .. but no, as this was lost on me, I can't help but question whats up with the 'state of the world' in this day in age?
    Not to mention, that nowadays I don't feel like i'm a 'part' of something greater .. but then again, as a society we appear to be lacking a common thread. Leastways IMO there is no real unifying force available to the masses in real time .. & By that I mean "radio". Indeed the buzz words, reclaim(ed) radio fill my thots of late, given that music is a language on to itself & can be used to bring people together.

Hmmn, I can't shake the idea that theres a real NEED to reclaim the airwaves. Leastways, i'd like to simply turn on the car radio &/or my transistor, whenever the grid goes down type of thing. Not to mention, that I can remember a time when the masses were in sink, in the sense that everyone within a certain radius was listening to the same station.

Also in reading thru what others have posted I noted where someone commented that the music is indestructible. & Be that as it may, when it comes to leaving a lasting legacy, it occurs to me that it would be a total bonus to have a platform in which to expose the music to a new audience. & This last ties-in with the 60 minutes clip I recently watched c/o youtube, and a band members comment that there can be 3 generations of fans @ a concert .. (ie. parents, kids, grandkids).

& Speaking of some of the videos I recently watched, I also noted Henleys comment that in the early days, his dream was to hear his songs on the radio .. tho in another clip, he also commented that nowadays, he turns the radio off. & This last says it all. Or rather should I say, that likewise i've stopped listening to the radio, because the music coming over the airwaves was so repetitive it got to the point that I began to dislike songs that I actually enjoyed because they were overplayed. Not to mention, that it t'd me off that they would play the same song of a particular artist over & over again, instead of playing some of their other tunes. Not sure why, tho after awhile it felt like listening to some kind of pre-programmed not very lengthy playlist/loop.

Hmmn, so altho I may be out of the loop, so to speak .. I nonetheless have an opinion re: the direction of music. & This last brings to mind, a sound bite of Glenns about how if you make music for your time that is well done, it can become timeless. & That's just it .. there is so much good music out there .. but for some reason i'm not hearing it over the airwaves. & No, I don't mean satellite or internet radio, but rather just plain old fashioned am or fm radio band. Tho in revamping the airwaves, ALL the good music should be played, regardless of genre, and thus the possibilities are endless re: mixing it up.

Whatever .. i've taken the time to put pen to paper and make a case for reclaiming radio, because IMO exerting a modicum of control over the airwaves t'would be one way to make the World a better place. So as the song mentions: leaving something good behind, I can't help but wonder if anyone out there in cyberspace agrees that reclaiming the radio would be a good move &/or has a clue how to go about it, keeping in mind that i've no idea whether this type of enterprise would produce profits or could be used as a vehicle re: tax write-offs? Whatever, this is not intended to be a business plan, but rather the focus of this rant revolves around the simple turn of a dial which would be readily available to the masses, so that we could all be on the same page.

Also as far as reclaiming radio goes, I can't help but wonder if this is the type of undertaking that could be done by a group of artists/musicians. Kinda like how United Artists (Chaplin, Pickford, etc.) became involved in the Movie Industry many moons ago.

PS: Speaking of all this, when I discovered the "launch music player" icon @ the top of the pg. re: Joe's website, I thot maybe I could "connect" to some kind of radio broadcast. Whatever .. needless to say, I can relate to the whole 'Analogue Man' thing.

10. Katmomie avatar

On Feb 1 2016, Katmomie said:

Glenn will always be in my heart. I've been an Eagles Fan for many years. Our prayers for his family and the other Eagles. Sleep sweetly, Glenn.
    Lisa Wells